Trauma Informed Care (TIC)
Access Starts October 1, 2021. Select "Add to Cart" to register. IMPORTANT: Please do not select "Invoice" as your payment method on checkout. This is not an option for this course and will only delay your access to the course content. Payment must be made by credit card immediately upon registration to avoid any delays. If you or your organization require an invoice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Certificate in Trauma Informed Care (TIC)
40 hours over 12 weeks, $895 + HST
No textbook required.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS COURSE
- Trauma training geared toward novice / intermediate practitioners that work with / in mental health care, such as Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Doctors, Nurses
- A hybrid model, you will complete 40 hours of self-directed study, learning and applying a broad-based knowledge of trauma within the general population. Students may begin whenever they wish, and may proceed as quickly or slowly as you wish, within the given time frame
- Note that this course is not correct for practitioners wishing to become trauma specialists. Aspiring trauma specialists should consider Adler’s more fulsome training at https://www.adler.ca/index.php/continuing-education/trauma-informed-care
- Specific instruction on how to conduct the client encounter and assess for trauma (history taking, assessment, the relationship with the client)
- Individualized attention and instructor feedback given through feedback on the professional and reflective practice exercises with each module, including a consolidating case study in the final assignment
- All work can be done from home; you will need a reliable internet connection to do so
Click Here for more information