IFS (F21) Foundations of Practice Cohort A
Select "Add to Cart" to register. IMPORTANT: Please do not select "Invoice" as your payment method on checkout. This is not an option for this course and will only delay your access to the course content. Payment must be made by credit card immediately upon registration to avoid any delays. If you or your organization require an invoice please contact email@example.com to register.
Highlights of this Course
- The Certificate in Applied Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy program contains two courses: Foundations of Practice and Broader Clinical Applications for Healing the Whole Person. Students can take one or both courses.
- A hybrid model, each course requires 40 hours of coursework, which will include a combination of online self-directed modules, live teaching, Q&A consultations, demonstrations, and supervised practice in small groups
- Experiential learning of the modality by first applying it to yourself
- All work can be done from home; you will need a reliable internet connection to do so
Cohort A: Thursdays, 6-9pm
- Oct 28-29, 2021, 11am-7pm: LIVE teaching online via Zoom
- Nov. 4- Small group practice (supervised)
- Nov. 11- Small group practice
- Nov. 18- Mid Q&A Consult
- Nov. 25- Small group practice (supervised)
- Dec 2- Small group practice
- Dec. 9- Final Q&A Consult (6-8pm)
IFS is a non-pathologizing model of psychotherapy that recognizes the client’s capacity for self-healing. Based on the emerging paradigm that acknowledges the plurality of the mind, IFS embraces that we are complex beings with multiple “parts” or subpersonalities. Whereas other therapeutic approaches try to get rid of parts deemed unhelpful, critical or problematic, IFS honours the protective nature of these parts and has the methodology to facilitate their release from their extreme roles.
All courses within the program require 40 hours of study. Students may choose to end their training after Foundation of Practice or they may opt to deepen their work by moving on to Broader Clinical Applications for Healing the Whole Person. If an equivalent to Foundations of Practice is demonstrated, the student may qualify for direct entry to Broader Clinical Applications for Healing the Whole Person.
Upon completion of each course, students will have obtained a strong understanding of the IFS model and how to access Self-Energy to facilitate transformative healing. Students will also be given many opportunities to safely explore their own inner landscape through meditations, experiential exercises and practice sessions. Please note that in order to be eligible for the Broader Clinical Applications course, student must have completed Foundations of Practice.
Join lead Instructor, Derek Scott, a certified IFS therapist and consultant, as well as the founder of IFSCA. Derek and the IFS consultants have partnered with Adler to deliver this certification in IFS-informed therapy that is the first like it in the world. Note that because of this, registration is expected to fill very quickly.
For more information read the complete description here